I meant to post on Monday, its now Wednesday and the week has slipped away from me (again).
The past week also flew by, trying to get birthday cards, Father’s Day cards and gifts (I buy from both me and Violet the dog), looking at presents on Etsy and trying to figure out something to do with mum for her upkeeping 60th birthday.
The problem was, at work, the internet was down. From Tuesday morning until Monday morning. I love the internet, and as soon as you can’t have something you just want it more. Which meant that I was spending my evenings trying to get things done without mum coming in and working out my plans.
– Cards – purchased. except my card to mum.
– Presents – not purchased. The Father’s Day gift is done. Quite boring – Boots things -but the offer on L’Oreal products was too much to pass up.
– Etsy – I have bookmarked items including a gorgeous pair of earring for a friends birthday even though it isn’t until October.
– Mum’s birthday – was all sorted out and then dad kicked up a stink about being left out and so mum has cancelled her WHOLE birthday!!! This isn’t a whim either, she is more stubborn than me which is saying something. It’s such a shame as well – I had the whole thing planned.
First, the train ride to Brighton (it wouldn’t take too long and I planned on getting some goodies to take with us and for us to pick up a coffee before getting the train).
Then treatments at Champneys http://www.champneys.com/. I thought the Collagen Enriched Anti Ageing Facial and Luxury Manicure sounded pretty good.
Then on to Jamie Oliver’s Italian Restaurant http://www.jamieoliver.com/italian/brighton . The antipasti description had me hooked, and I was salivating just thinking about it.
It sounded pretty good. A bit of shopping in The Lanes. So far it is on hold, but I am ever hopeful of changing her mind. The thing is, it is meant to be a surprise trip out, and if I tell her what it is then there really is no fun in it!
The weekend went past quickly, Saturday was busy making cakes for a summer fete. In total we did Nigella’s chocolate fudge cake (x2), lemon cake, coffee and walnut cake, Martha Stewart’s peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies. It was all hands to the stove, we started at 6.30am with tray after tray of cookies and were finished by lunchtime. I was pleased to hear that the two chocolate cakes had been sold for £25 and in total the fete raised over £600 pounds for Macmillan Cancer Support.
I had a barbeque in the afternoon and prepared a fruit salad and strawberry galette. There was so much food though, the desserts weren’t eaten so were pretty much wasted. I brought them home but the galette had got a bit soggy and the fruit ended up being made into coulis to have with ice cream.
I always aspire to be like Martha Stewart, or one of these people from other blogs that I look at, who I know would never dream of taking a shop bought dessert, but I do sometimes wonder if all my efforts for the barbeque were wasted.
This week has started better. A friends birthday is today, and we bought a massage voucher and earrings. Also, had lunch today and am out with her tonight for dinner. We are also holding drinks tomorrow (I hope the weather stays good so that we can sip our drinks in the sunshine).
My goals for the rest of the week are:
– get the skirting board fixed in my room.
– sort out the TV in my room.
– order items from Etsy – add to the list for other birthdays coming up.
– buy stamps (always running out).
– try and sort out plans for my two days off next week and see if I can get mum to come out.