From Friday afternoon when I first saw these cookies mentioned until Sunday afternoon when I made them, all I thought about was these cookies. Peanut butter and Nutella. Nutella and peanut butter. Over and over it went in my mind. I had to make these cookies.
I ended up modifying the recipe I found so much that I am naming these as my cookies. It happens rarely but yes, this is a Perfecting Pru Recipe.
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (I used a mixture of demerara and soft brown)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 190c / 375f
- Combine butter, sugars, peanut butter and Nutella together in a food mixer until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla and combine.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt together.
- Slowly mix together. Mixture will be dry and clumpy (a very technical term 😉 )
- Roll the dough into small balls with your hand. Mine were about 1 inch in diameter.
- Place on a lined baking sheet and bake until firm to the touch. (About 10 minutes).
- Leave to cool on a wire rack. They will harden upon cooling.
These continue to harden but are lovely, just don’t break a tooth and blame me! I thought they were quite similar to biscotti. The flavour is quite subtle but I actually liked that it wasn’t too ‘bam! in your face’. They go very well with a cup of coffee and withstanding dunking too.